Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hello All! So, it has been awhile since my last post and I apologize for that. I have been really busy teaching and living it up here in Japan. The school year in Japan begins in April, but there is a long summer break that started last Friday (July 17th) and lasts until the first part of September. Today (Monday July 20) we have a holiday, so I figured it would be a good time to add a new post to my blog. Overall, everything here is still going really well. I have been having a great time teaching, meeting new people, eating and drinking! I can't believe I have been here four months already. It really doesn't seem like it has been that long. I guess it's true time flies when you having fun.



About a month ago I went to an Oita Trinita Football (Soccer) Game. They play in Japan's Professional Football League called the J.League. There are 36 teams divided into 2 divisions. Last year Oita finished fourth in division 1, but this year they are in last place, so they will most likely be demoted to division 2 at the end of the year. Nevertheless the game I went to was exciting. The Trinita Fan Club Section was extremely loud and energetic. The only time they stopped jumping and chanting in unison was during the intermission. I don't think I have ever seen a more spirited group of fans. College football fans in the US can produce a lot of noise, but I don't think there is anyway you could convince an entire student section to jump up and down and chant in unison and non-stop for four quarters. With all the tailgate beer and food, I think there would be way too much vomit to clean up.


The Trinita play in the Kyushu Oil Dome which was completed and opened in 2001. Three games were played in the Kyushu Oil Dome during the 2002 World Cup hosted jointly by Japan and South Korea.



The game I went to, Oita lost to Yokohama. It's always difficult to beat a team that uses the 'Steal Your Face' Grateful Dead logo as their own (see picture below).




























That's all I have for now, but I should have some more pictures and info up this week.

Much Peace and Love, Jeremy.

No comments:

Post a Comment